Overthinking kills our happiness. A research conducted by the University of Michigan shows that 73% of people aged from 25 to 35 do it regularly. Out of this 57 percent are women and 43 percent are men.
Overthinking brings negativity in our mind which is harmful to us. So next time you find yourself overthinking, just remind you these quotes:
- “A quiet mind is able to hear intuition over fear.”
- “Before you talk, listen Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait Before you pray, forgive Before you quit, try”
- “Dear mind, please stop thinking so much at night. I need sleep.”
- “Don’t ruin a new day by thinking about yesterday. Let it go.”
- “Overthinking is the biggest cause of unhappiness.”
- “Overthinking – the art of creating problems that weren’t even there.”
- “Stop overthinking. You can’t control everything, just let it be.”
- “Stop worrying about what can go wrong, and get excited about what can go right.”
- “Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn’t get you anywhere.”
- “You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.”
3 METHODS TO PREVENT OR ALLEVIATE OVERTHINKING
1.Think and feel peaceful
Overthinking can invite stress into your mind. To get rid of it, try to think of some peaceful and happy moments – moments full of love, life, and laugh. This will help you to go to your happy place where insignificant matters are not allowed.
Nature has the serenity that cleans our minds and pushes all negativity out. It purifies us and improves our focus on positive things.
3.Practice meditation or mindfulness
Meditation and yoga are the best exercises that can help you calm your mind, body, and soul. It enforces positive and productive thinking.