Einstein is known as one of the smartest men that have lived. It is a name everybody knows and that everybody has connected to the idea of wit. This riddle here is said to have been written by him when he was just a kid and still, it’s a riddle impossible to solve for many people. There is also a rumour that it was written by Lewis Carrol, and there’s no proof that either of them has written it. However, it is a riddle widely known by the name “Einstein’s Riddle“ and only 2% of people can actually get to its solution.
The riddle goes like this.
There are five houses in five different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.
The question is: who owns the fish?
There are no tricks or traps in the riddle, it is solved by simple, cool logic. But if you are one of the many people that think this is too tough to break down, PoETheeds has the solution for you: they made a video that explains step by step how to solve this well known problem.Sharpen your brain and enjoy!