Although all its ill effects are very well known, it is surprising how acceptable alcohol is in our culture. Since the harmful side of alcohol is already well known, here is a lesser known side of alcohol, what happens when you give it up.
20 Things You Realize After You Quit Drinking Alcohol
1. The most immediate change would be how you feel physically- less bloated, fitter and full of energy.
2. Lesser anxiety, more clarity, and an overall decrease in depression and stress.
3. Better and healthier sleeping pattern.
4. All the money that will be saved.
5. Better interpersonal skills and relationships. It is easier to empathize with the feelings of others.
6. There is suddenly a lot of free time, and a chance to try out things you always wanted to.
7. The fact that there is no reason why alcohol should be the crutch to have a good time.
8. Without the cover of alcohol, people start addressing who they really are.
9. Without alcohol, it is easier to deal with their problems, which only get worse with it.
10. Lesser risk of doing stupid things, which can be often but almost always end in regret.
11. It is much more difficult in the beginning to give up than after a while when people have realized what sobriety really means.
12. It is easier to notice how judgmental drinkers are towards non drinkers.
13. It is easier to see when things are getting out of hand.
14. The conversations which are driven by alcohol are almost always superficial.
15. Alcohol is not simply a crutch for having fun, but sometimes also for relationships which is very unhealthy.
16. Once someone makes this change in their lifestyle, it is easier to make other healthy ones as well.
17. It is not even that great at brain addling which seems to be its only selling point.
18. No alcohol paves the way for healthier food and better fitness habits.
19. It is also better for spiritual growth.
20. It is better to abstain than have the instant gratification of giving in to temptation.