The world knows Columbus for his outstanding discoveries but if experts are to be believed, he shared an obsession for spices and went around the globe in a desperate attempt to obtain cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger.
Black pepper was particularly his favorite and in the days of spice trade, it was of paramount importance.
With changing times, we have started looking differently at spices and the range of health benefits they have to offer. Specifically, the extracts from black pepper oil are invaluable and work as a cure for numerous diseases and setbacks!
Health Benefits of Black Pepper Oil
Remedial uses of black pepper essential oil
Black Pepper has myriad remedial uses – let us have a glance at the most significant ones.
• Beneficial for digestion and other stomach processes – Black pepper oil helps to increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid which eases digestion besides preventing the formation of intestinal gas and removal of toxic substances through urination and sweating.
• Cures Vitiligo, a skin disease – The piperine present in black pepper augments the production of the pigment that cures vitiligo, a condition in which patches of skin turn white.
• Helps reduce weight – The oil helps in the natural shredding of fast as the peppercorn helps break down fat cells.
• Relieves respiratory problems – Due to its ability to dissolve mucus and phlegm, it helps relieve sinusitis and nasal congestion.
• Augments neurological health – It is significant in reducing memory impairment and cognitive malfunction.
• Antibacterial activity – Regular consumption helps individuals to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis besides infections from insects.
• Antioxidant actions – Certain properties helps protect cardiovascular disease, liver problems and cancer.
Benefits of black pepper oil vary essentially depending on the method of its consumption.
Orally ingesting it helps increase digestion and elimination of toxins by stimulating sweating and urinating. Aromatically ingesting it helps relieve stress and relax physically and mentally. Topically ingesting it with a carrier oil helps individuals suffering from gout, arthritis, and rheumatism.