Frida Kahlo was a Mexican painter who became one of the most famous women in history of Latin America. Apart from creating great works of art, was also a poet.
Below you can read some of the most famous quotes in order to remember the name of Frida Kahlo Magdalena Carmen Calderon.
1. Feet, what do I need them for If I have wings to fly.
2. I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.
3. Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.
4. I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
5. They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.
6. At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
7. You deserve the best, the very best, because you are one of the few people in this lousy world who are honest to themselves, and that is the only thing that really counts.
8. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
9. I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.
10. Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.
11. People in general are scared to death of the war and all the exhibition have been a failure, because the rich – don’t want to buy anything
12. You didn’t understand what I am. I am love. I am pleasure. I am essence. I am an idiot. I am alcoholic. I am tenacious. I am. I simply am. You are a sh*t my love.
13. I must fight with all my strength so that the little positive things that my health allows me to do might be pointed toward helping the revolution. The only real reason for living.
14. Pain, pleasure and death are no more than a process for existence. The revolutionary struggle in this process is a doorway open to intelligence.
15. To feel the anguish of waiting for the next moment and of taking part in the complex current (of affairs) not knowing that we are headed toward ourselves, through millions of stone beings – of bird beings – of star beings – of microbe beings – of fountain beings toward ourselves.