Here’s another one you’ll want to bookmark. Concise, quick and infinitely wise, these fantastic points are a breakdown from a wider, free, mini-library by Beatrice Santorini. For more, you can go here, or you can check out the original source, from the wonderful online book Moon Journeying Through Clouds.
1. Consume mindfully.
- Eat with awareness and gratitude.
- Pause before buying and see if breathing is enough.
- Pay attention to the effects of media you consume.
2. Pause. Breathe. Listen.
- When you feel compelled to speak in a meeting or conversation, pause.
- Breathe before entering your home, place of work, or school.
- Listen to the people you encounter. They are buddhas.
3. Practice gratitude.
- Notice what you have.
- Be equally grateful for opportunities and challenges.
- Share joy, not negativity.
4. Cultivate compassion and loving kindness.
- Notice where help is needed and be quick to help
- Consider others’ perspectives deeply.
- Work for peace at many levels.
5. Discover wisdom.
- Cultivate “don’t know” mind (= curiosity).
- Find connections between Buddhist teachings and your life.
- Be open to what arises in every moment.
6. Accept constant change.