A herbaceous plant – turmeric – originates from the southwestern parts of India. It is of the ginger family and a common spice in different Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Turmeric is also an ancient herbal medicine and has been in use for thousands of years in Asia.
Herbal practitioners and medical professionals from around the world are advocating the benefits of using turmeric in our daily diet. Because it offers many health benefits.
6 BENEFITS OF CONSUMING TURMERIC EVERYDAY
- Combats the risk of cancer. The effectiveness of turmeric against cancer – particularly in the early stage – is remarkable and this has been proven through many research and studies. American Cancer Society researchers have also noted that turmeric contains a compound – curcumin – which interferes with numerous vital molecular pathways that trigger the development of cancer and its growth. Turmeric contains many properties that fight cancer and curcumin is one of them.
- Aids in the reduction of inflammation. A potent anti-inflammatory compound – turmeric outperforms several pharmaceutical drugs that are otherwise prescribed for the treatment of debilitating and chronic conditions.
- Helps in the digest process and relieving disorders related to indigestion. Turmeric is a super strong anti-inflammatory herb. It is also known to help enhance digestion. Turmeric can also reduce several digestive disorders and their symptoms. Curcumin, which is found in turmeric, aids in the stimulation of bile production.
- Boosts heart health. Turmeric is made of the compound – curcumin – which further helps in the enhancement of heart health. Scientists from the University of Maryland have concluded that curcumin has the power to remove plaque-like properties. Plague – when stored in arteries – cause stroke and heart conditions. Curcumin reduces bad cholesterol and prevents the clotting of blood.
- Combats symptoms related to arthritis. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties – which are known to alleviate symptoms of arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis patients – if increased the consumption of turmeric in their diet – can experience a reduction of swelling, pain and disease activity.
- Promotion of brain health. Turmeric is a powerful agent that can impact cognitive conditions. Curcumin helps in the enhancement of a person’s ability to process and learn. It also helps in combating neurodegenerative disorders, like Alzheimer’s.