Sahaja Yoga Meditation is meant for everyone who desires to find his or her true self, which is full of peace, joy of life and love for others. It is not just a book or a set of exercises but a living science that will open up to you gradually as your meditations become deeper and your experience stronger and more fulfilling.
Sahaja Yoga Meditation was developed by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. It involves the awakening of a subtle spiritual energy known as the Kundalini whichlies dormant in the sacrum bone at the base of the spine in three-and-a-half coils. The gentle awakening of this Kundalini energy and the inner journey of self discovery is known as Enlightenment (Self-realization).
Sahaj means ‘spontaneous’ or ‘born with you’ and yoga translates as ‘union’ (with the Divine or all-pervading power). Sahaja Yoga Meditation then translates as ‘the method of divine union through yoga which everyone is born with’.
Sahaja Yoga Meditation classes are held in over 80 countries around the world and are always provided free of charge. Right from the earliest days, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi made it clear that this knowledge and the process of union effected by our Self-realization is the birthright of every human being and therefore cannot be charged for.
The benefits of Sahaja Yoga Meditation:
- General health improves
Physical, mental and emotional.
The root causes the disease are cleansed from the subtle system.
- Relief from the symptoms of stress by:
- Raising the individual’s stress threshold
- Changing the internal reactions to the external stimuli that cause stress
- Having the ability to remain balanced and clear-headed in stressful situations
- Neutralizing the effects of aggression, frustration and anger in others around us.
- Improving sleep patterns.
- Habits and addictions drop away effortlessly without having to be given up or going through withdrawal symptoms.
- Communication skills improve, leading to improved relationships with others.
- Focused attention and better concentration leading to improved study and workplace skills. Self-esteem, self confidence and inner sense of security all improve.
- Inter-cultural integration. Sahaja Yoga Meditation brings about a true integration of all the major cultures of the world by overcoming all the divisive forces which are tearing the very fabric of societies all over the world.
- Emancipation of humanity by bringing about an inner transformation of human beings, the benefits of Sahaja Yoga Meditation accrue not only to the individual, but to society, to the nation and ultimately to the whole of humanity.
Source: Free Meditation