Quench thirst by adding lemon slices to your water. In this way you will also get enough vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
According to nutritionists, lemon water is the best natural energy booster. In the morning, your body is dehydrated and needs plenty of water to push out toxins and rejuvenate cells.
To be more precise, homemade “lemonade” stimulates the elimination of toxins, regulates kidney function, and boosts digestion.
20 Unbelievable reasons to drink lemon water in the morning
- Lemon water provides enough electrolytes and hydrates your body. Lemons are rich in electrolytes like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Lemon water is great for your joints; reduces joint and muscle pain.
- Warm lemon water aids in digestion. Lemons are packed with citric acid which interacts with enzymes and acids that stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and food digestion.
- It stimulates liver to produce more enzymes than any other food or drink.
- Lemon water cleanses your liver. Lemon juice contributes to the elimination of toxins from liver.
- Lemons have strong anti-inflammatory properties, and thus lemon water helps in the treatment of respiratory infections, sore throat and tonsilitis.
- Warm lemon water regulates bowel movement.
- Lemon water regulates metabolism. Lemons are powerful antioxidants – they prevent damages caused by free radicals and strengthen immunity.
- It provides normal function of the nervous system, thanks to its high potassium content. Potassium deficiency causes depression and anxiety. Healthy nervous system requires enough potassium to send sustainable signals to the heart.
- Lemon water cleanses blood, blood vessels and arteries.
- Aids in the treatment of hypertension. A single lemon a day can reduce blood pressure by 10%.
- Lemon water creates alkaline environment in the body. Even when consumed right before meals, it still helps your body to maintain higher pH values, making your body resistant to diseases.
- Improves skin complexion. Lemons are loaded with vitamin C, which rejuvenates your body and thus improves your skin complexion. Drink lemon water every morning to improve the condition of your skin.
- Lemon water dilutes uric acid buildups which cause joint pain and gout.
- It is great for pregnant women. Lemons are high in vitamin C. It is an adaptogen and helps the body to fight viruses and colds. Moreover, vitamin C stimulates the formation of bone tissue in babies. High potassium content also stimulates the formation of baby’s nervous system.
- Relieves heartburn. Stir a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
- Lemon water dissolves gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
- Helps you lose weight naturally. Pectin in lemons reduces cravings. Studies have shown that alkaline diet enchances the fat-burning process.
- Relieves toothache and gingivitis.
- Lemon water prevents cancer, as lemons are highly alkaline. Scientists have found that cancer cells cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
When should you drink lemon water?
Always use purified or spring water. Juice half a lemon or lime and pour it in half a cup of warm water. Use a special juicer to get most of the juice without any special effort. Some people prefer using lemon essential oil.
Drink your lemon water in the morning, before you eat or drink anything. You can also drink it an hour before your meals.
When life gives you lemons, make some lemon water!
Source: Healthy Food House