I’m a 90’s kid. And for me, back in time, weekends were a lot about watching Jumanji with my sibling and mom while my dad stayed out of town. We watched it so many times that I remember almost reciting the dialogue alongside. It happened to be my first favorite movie. And Robin Williams? My first favorite actor. Well, that was just the start.
Robin Williams, an American stand up comedian and actor, who left us too early in 2014, became more than just “a funny person” when I grew up.
My teenage was spent being addicted to his comic timings and crisp dialogues. I’m 20 now, and I still go back to his movies when life looks a little dark. There is a perfect dialogue of Robin Williams for every situation, I assure you. But to list down a few, here are the best 11 quotes of Robin Williams on money, life, love, sex, and loneliness.
Here is the man who is immortal with his words.
1. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
2. “Comedy is acting out optimism.”
3. “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’”
4. “Cocaine is God’s way of telling you, you are making too much money.”
5. “Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.”
6. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
7. “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting.”
8. “See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.”
9. “Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love: these are what we stay alive for.”
10. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
11. “Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.”